Currently we have three Sunday School classes for children preschool through fifth grade. One preschool class meets in Room 111 in the preschool/education wing. One kindergarten through second grade class meets in Room 210 in the preschool/education wing. Our third through fifth grade class meets in Room 205 of the education wing.
All grades are currently using the "Gospel Project" curriculum - https://www.gospelproject.com/kids/ .This curriculum is designed to go through the Bible in three years, helping children to learn the stories of the Old and New Testaments through video, games, scripture reading, and reflection.
How to Get Involved
The children's ministries at Jarvis Memorial have an ever-growing need for volunteers and servant leaders. Volunteer opportunities range from yearly to weekly commitments of 5 minutes to a couple of hours. Training and mentoring is always available. Our children's leaders get to share their gifts, have fun, and grow in their own faith all while serving our children! Check out the following ways you can help:
- Teaching Sunday School to preschool through 5th grade students (students in small groups of five to ten).
- Assisting Sunday School teachers on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Leading "A Time for the Child" messages at the 9 am and 10:55 am services.
- Leading activities for Sunday evening programs (games, scripture reading, music leadership).
- Volunteering for a special event such as the Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School or the Happy Birthday Jesus party.
- Serving on the Children's Council.
- Providing food or snacks for Sunday evening programs or special events.
- Donating decorations or costumes for VBS or another special event.
- Volunteering with the Boys and Girls Club.
Please contact Caitlin Proctor at email@example.com for more information about any of the above opportunities.